Posted May 13, 2021
Do you do residential surveys? What is your service area?
Yes! We perform surveys for residential and commercial properties, from small to large properties. We are licensed in South Dakota, Minnesota, and Iowa. The majority of our survey work occurs within a 60-mile radius of Sioux Falls.
What is your timeframe for getting a survey?
It depends on the time of the year. Spring and summer are the busiest times. Timeframe can vary from a couple days to a couple weeks.
How much does it cost?
The cost varies based on where the property is located, how large the property is, and how easily the property corners can be found or if they need to be reset.
Do I need to be present during the survey?
No, you don't have to be present when we are surveying. If you have animals to remove from the area, we can let you know when we are coming.
What does a residential survey involve?
After we get your information and approval to proceed, a Surveyor researches the property at the Courthouse and gets a copy of the plat to know where to find the property corners. The Surveyor will then come to your property and locate the property corners based on the plat, or reset them if they are missing. He will place a 5/8" x 18" rebar with a plastic cap flush with the ground, and place a wooden stake or wire with a pink flag showing the location of the lot corners. If requested, we can also provide you with a Record of Survey drawing afterward for an additional fee.
What kinds of residential surveys do you do?
- Mortgage Surveys - verifies the house location in relation to the property lines when buying a home
- Boundary Surveys - shows property corners on a legally described property
- Topographic Surveys - shows elevations and contours, helps with drainage and development
- Flood Elevation Surveys - shows elevations in relation to the flood plains
- Plats - subdivides land into smaller parcels or combines parcels
- ALTA/NSPS Land Title Surveys - detailed survey, often prepared for commercial properties requiring title insurance
Do you provide estimates? How can I get more information?
Yes, we provide free estimates of our fees and timeframes. Email Surveyor Jim
to get started or use the "Request a Survey" button on our homepage.
Thanks for your interest in our professional surveying services!